DISTRICT CHAIRPERSON JAFARI BASAJABALABA’S INAUGIRAL ADDRESS Hon Speaker, I feel humbled and honored today having taken oath of office as Chairman LC 5 of Bushenyi District Local Government and do congratulate my fellow leaders (Hon Councilors) and the NRM party leaders for the resounding victory registered during the past elections, where our party NRM swept almost 98% in the entire district. Congratulations NRM, congratulations the people of Bushenyi for the work well done and congratulations His Excellency the President Y.K. Museveni. To the past leaders and Technical staff, I pay my gratitude and appreciation to the firm foundation you laid and lam optimistic that we shall build on that to make Bushenyi District a prosperous district. Hon Speaker, I do pledge my commitment in tackling the challenges before us, well knowing that United we stand and when divided, there is little we can achieve. Our mission therefore will mainly focus among other things but not limited to the following;
· Uniting and total reconciliation among our people
· Step up effort in fighting corruption
· Promotion of Health and Education i.e minimizing absenteeism, promotion of inspection in schools, minimizing theft of drugs in Health centers.
· Ensure that roads are properly maintained
· Ensure that local revenue is increased
· Operationisation of urban centers, like Town councils and Town boards
· Equity in distribution of District resources
· Promotion of teamwork between political leaders, technical team and other government agencies
· Improve Agricultural production and productivity
· Improvement of safe water coverage and sanitation in our communities
· Promotion of sports in the district at all levels like improvement of sports facilities.
To my colleagues the Hon Councilors, I do congratulate you once again and do also remind you that our primary reasonability and obligation as leaders is to serve the people of Bushenyi beyond self because our obligations are the people’s rights and vice versa.
To the technical team, I do pledge on behalf of my fellow political leaders that we shall work together as a team to make sure that we develop our district.
Conclusively, I would like to thank the following;
- My family, especially my dear wife, brothers and sisters and children who made tremendous contribution towards my success.
- NRM Party, under its Chairman His Excellency the President Y.K Museveni for the financial and technical support
- The District NRM secretariat under its Chairman Alhaji Hassan Basajabalaba
- My Campaign team both at primaries and general elections
- NRM volunteers who supplemented our efforts
- The voters who voted NRM candidates overwhelmingly
Finally to all of us who have gathered here today, I thank you for your sacrificed time. May the Almighty (Allah) reward you abundantly and I do pledge that with your prayers and support, we shall steer this district to greater heights.
I thank all of you.
For God and my Country.
Hon Basajabalaba Jafari
District Chairperson Bushenyi
(2016 – 2021)